Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It's been a long while... In the mean time, I have done all my exams (all 1 of them), done a 'mini-research project' (i.e. in-depth interviews of my two most direct neighbours), furthermore I hung around in London, showed friends and family around London, and removed myself from London.

This blog can no longer be properly called the London field diary of an Anthropologist-in-training. Soon, we can also cut away the "in-training" bit. I am about to embark on my first proper fieldwork. First reconnaissance has already been done in April, when I was back in the Netherlands for two weeks. Tomorrow I am expected at the Municipality. Next week it will all start for real, I hope. "From the door of his Tent", I can recreate for myself some of those ancient images of Anthropology.

I'm uncertain about the future of this blog. I wanted to use as a way to keep my diasporic circle of friends informed about what I was up to and as a place to put some Anthropologcal analyses I felt like writing, although not enough of the latter have appeared here.

In any case, this summer there will probably appear very few articles here. Although I may change my mind, I may change my mind so keep checking occasionally :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home