Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Cold, The Stonehenge, and The Future.
Not much news, except that I have declared myself officially ill for the day due to a nice cold that blocks about anything there is to block in my head. Donations of Oranges are welcome, just as warm cups of tea with lots of milk and sugar. Appropriately enough London is quite dreary today, and probably cold too, but I am not going out!

The hammer that drove the cold home must have been last Saturday's day trip to Stonehenge, which was great, but tiring and very, very windy. We saw the stones themselves and many of the other monuments in the surrounding area, about which my teacher for Landscape Anthropology had a lot of interesting stuff to say. As he is also an archeologist, he has studied the area and he is involved in a team that is completely reinterpreting the site. So, there was an excellent guide. But already most of last Sunday was spent in bed.

Monday I was a bit more active, but I spent most of the day at my computer drinking vast quantities of tea with milk and sugar to soothe my throat. Good thing I didn't really need to talk all that much. However, apart from the tea, I also wrote a tremendous amount of e-mails begging for references, asking enquiries, and annoucing visits. I finally booked my flight to Ireland, which I will visit in April, and yeah, the references mean I have decided upon a future. I am applying to Masters in Heritage / Museum Studies both in the UK and the Netherlands, possibly even in Amsterdam! *gasp*, *shock*. This will (hopefully) mean I will end up working at some point in my life, preferrably in the Heritage Industry (e.g. a Museum, something like Monumentenzorg, or some cultural institution like the famous 'Bureau' Meertens Instituut).

Vamos a Ver wat de toekomst brengt. Maar vandaag even niet veel, hopelijk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home