Monday, November 28, 2005

The Strokes are playing at ULU
Never in my (suprisingly uneventful) life did I see a queue that long and orderly (British), it must have been half a Kilometre. Verder, still geen bericht, goed bericht: I am working on my papers & trying to find time to dedicate to the construction of my Sinterklaas present and poem. I am going to skip things in order to achieve both, that's the end of the semeser for you.

Thankgiving reports
And before I forget, yesterday was my second and last thanksgiving dinner of the weekend, this time with a real turkey (as opposed to two bloddy big chickens on Friday), the food was good (my flatmate had made all this american stuff: pumpkin pie, a.o., and some corny maize stuff (forgive the pun), while her friends had made the turkey). But I must admit I felt my stomach was still full of acids this morning, remnants of its violent battle to do away with all that fat. Last friday's food was equally good, imho, although it was nicer to be with people I actually knew (from my programme), yesterday's group didn't know each other and hadn't all that much to tell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it just a thanksgiving dinner or also a "tragic-lilly-event-peace-making-dinner" ?
Might explain your acid stomach. Or am I wrong ?
Keep up the spitit !

1/12/05 10:43 am  
Blogger Isalicus said...

Ahh! No, Lily woman was not present at the dinner; she declined the invitation.

1/12/05 2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home