Friday, November 25, 2005

Notes on the Weather and further Koetjes en Kalfjes
Unlike Exeter, where apparently Vadertje Winter took over, and unlike the Netherlands, where apparently the Autumn Storm Gods are on the rampage, you may be suprised to learn that one blik out of my window here gives an exceedingly pretty, quiet and sunny garden/grave-yard view (nothing morbid: I look out over a park that still bears the traces of its former (mid-19th C.) function as, indeed, the grave yard of St. Andrew's). Life in this city just sort of continues, yesterday I had a presentation that took a lot of my energy because I got way to excited about it (the Sahlins-Obeyesekere debate for those in the know). I'll write later on that, no time now (lest I go wild again).

Today, by the way, as anyone living around USAns will know, is Thanksgiving Day, and what better way to give thanks than to Stuff a Turkey? Everyone in my programme has been invited by the one American girl (nick-named "our Social Secretary") to come for a Thanksgiving Dinner she's prepared tonight, so that's what I'll do. It's going to be a nice and relaxed start of the weekend.

The thing is that my bike has a flat tire and I have class at 10:00 so I need to walk and won't have much time for this up-date anymore. Hence: tot hier en niet verder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home