Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thanks to F. I can now at any moment enjoy the witches' song 'Destruction's our Delight // Delight our greatest Sorrow', and indeed 'het schalt nu door mijn kamer'. It is a good theme song to my readings today: several articles relating to Durkheim's book 'Suicide' and one on State violence amongst others. Cheery stuff I hope you can imagine. The rest of the opera I mentioned (Purcell's Dido & Aenaes) does actually do some good, though, as it has so far prevented me from becoming a potential statistic for the great French Sociologist to peruse. And the reading is now over, now again sleep awaits me, and tomorrow my parents who shall return from Wight to London. A city, which, I have discovered houses many a familiar face, today I ran into yet another former UC'er, by the name of Frederique - wellicht bekend bij sommigen onder U lezers, geloof ik - that brings the score to 4 now. There must be many, many more though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lanja said...

I believe that Albert also ran into Frederique. Isn't she studying philosophy at King's? Anyway, Durkheim, argh! The name alone makes me cringe. Dido and Aeneas - slightly better, especially if Ian Bostridge is singing the role of that Roman hero. His "hero" status might be debatable, though; the author of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight took only one sentence to make him sound like a war criminal...

I'm off to study Norwegian and Arthurian literature again. Take care!

21/10/05 8:08 am  
Blogger Isalicus said...

Good luck studying :-) Durkheim's not that bad, though, in small quantities.. I'm happy I won't have to read the entire Suicide...

22/10/05 10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home