Monday, October 17, 2005

Indeed, dear visitor, you see correctly, yet another weblog has seen the light (ignoring any arising ontological and phenomenological questions on the sense-ability of weblogs). A secret peeping hole allowing one's peers to peer into one of their peer's life, one of many lives lived by the boring, one more place to read the obvious, you ask Lector? Yes. The author will in all probability be uncapable of making it anymore interesting than that, or otherwise he won't be bothered.

Well... Why did you start this blog then? Well, when a reader starts off with very low expectations, he can only be struck the more by the brilliance of the prose he will encounters, won't he? One first promise should be made here: these sort of ramblings as you read here I shall try and keep at a minimum, but given the purpose of this blog (see below) they can hardly be avoided.

So. (in the categroy famous first words: this one is from Seamus Heaney's Beowulf) This being the (in)famous first post of this (we)blog I shall try and formulate a purpose. And I thought, and I remembered, and I spoke thus:

The purpose of this blog, the excuse so you will, or rather maybe the mission of this weblog is that I need to educate myself into the art of diary keeping as an anthropologist-in-training. That simply means I need to reflect. Every. Single. Fucking. Day.

There it is. Plain and clear. Your purpose, I mean. Last week wednesday I attended my first class in Anthropological Methods at a niet-nader-te-noemen University College in the capital of Old Europe's greatest Island-(wannabe/former) Empire, and it was there that I received the message: thou shalt open a Weblog Mark! Such words came from my Superego, while my Id spoke: "Indeed! Now you need no longer write e-mails to people! Gets rid of that bother too!" Hiep-Hiep-Hoera in de Gloria and there was much rejoicing all over my head.

"So,"
(very good dear Lector, you learn quickly), I hear you ask, "what will you write about, then?" And the answer, is: you will find out, patient reader, because I don't know yet. However, once I figure this out, you, my dearest reader, will be the first to find out. I shall edit this first post accordingly. (such is indeed the pleasure of electronic data, such as the like you see before you, reader. One can modify it ad infinitum, ad nauseum, and ad baculum. The so-called Orwellian-inclined can rejoice over many an achievement of modern technology)

Here endeth the historic first post of "Nican Nicuica"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home