Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Tonight was the premiere of the play I have been working on for the last week and a half (instead of doing my proper course work), and man was I nervous (apparently). On comes Dr. Chasuble, mutters his first words and goes blank, haha. Great. Line ?!? Thank god our prompt girl was having a black-out at exactly that same time, all to the great amusement of the audience, and that's what matters in the end, isn't it? My first appearance was pretty brief, thankfully, so I get the opportunity to curse away my frustrations in the dressing room and re-appear much better, much more concentrated, and, well, (add third tier of the trikolon here) the rest of the performance went quite good. I raced home though, mixedly happy and angry, I guess; let's call it very energised. I was humming Dans le Port d'Amsterdam at full breath while cycling. I hope you get the idea.

OK, this will have to do for tonight, I should really actually read something now before tomorrow's classes (Thursday is my busiest day).

As a last thought, I am not providing you with very many Anthropological observations from London yet, now am I? Indeed, but remember I am still in training, I never ever actually saw a field diary (although I heard Malinowski's - the famous first 'professional' fieldworker, he was, as a German, stuck on the Trobriands, dumped there by the Aussies - is quite bad, full of abuse of the natives he was supposedly living 'happily' amongst). And also I didn't have Anthropological Methods today, it's fortnightly. (Twee-wekelijks, voor wie het niet in een woordenboek wil opzoeken) Instead, it will no doubt please you to hear, I spend most of the day in bed in order to ward off any future illness. It was good, and necessary. I felt I hadn't really had any really good day off since I started this course, as last weekend was taken up by rehearsals and Anna's visit, which was great, though, no doubt about that, but maybe a bit much. My own choice though, and I not regretting anything.

Hmm, I can't really shed the idea that this is not really an e-mail, or a real-life conversation. I am continuously suppressing a tendency to end this text with some greeting, I guess I still need to develop a style or a felling for this sort of thing.

Good night! (see? ah b*gger ...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home